HOW DO I KNOW IF I HAVE BEEN A VICTIM OF MEDICAL NEGLIGENCE?
We are often consulted by people following medical treatment seeking to discover whether what they are suffering from is as a result of the procedure itself or as a result of another injury caused by medical negligence.
Although this is a simple question often asked by patients, it can be an extremely difficult question to answer. It is absolutely essential that you seek legal advice from a Solicitor who has the requisite experience of dealing with this complex area of law.
It is key to differentiate between the unfortunate patient who suffers a known complication of a medical procedure from the patient who suffers an injury which has been caused by a failure in the standard of care by the medical personnel when rendering the medical procedure to the patient.
Medical treatment areas where negligence may result in injury:
- Injuries at birth – Cerebral Palsy cases, Erbs Palsy
- Injuries to mother at birth – Perennial tear
- Delays in diagnosis leading to injury or death
- Orthopaedic Surgery – Hip replacement, fracture repair
- Medical device failure
- Laboratory test errors or failure to pass on test results
- Surgical errors
- Keyhole Surgery where damage is caused to adjoining tissue
- Hospital Systems Failure
- Cosmetic Surgery
With over 40 years’ experience working in the area of Medical Negligence, our experienced solicitors offer a dedicated service to the victims of Medical Negligence, working through the complicated legal processes in order to secure proper compensation for the injury suffered by the patient.